Published by Boni on
A narrative report is one of the most common assignments in the academic world. Students face this type of task more often in school. That is why it is vital to understand how to handle such for your success in school. The primary purpose of a narrative report is to curate a compelling story. Here are some few hacks to enable you write exciting and thrilling reports that will get top grades.
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!
Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
How Long Should a Narrative Report Be?
Before getting into writing the report, consider the length of the report. In the preparation to write a narrative report, you ought to follow two rules regarding the length. One is that you should make your narrative report as informative and as concise as possible, and two, the report should follow your professor’s requirements. Make the narrative report unfold in a way that will exhaustively cover the topic and create a story that your intended audience will enjoy.
Have you ever experienced the struggle of trying to write your narrative report? You are not alone since many students, especially those who strive to combine work and studies, always seek research papers for sale from Gudwriter which is offered at an affordable price.
Narrative Report Format
A narrative report should contain three primary sections; the introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Introduction- the introductory paragraph should be about three to five sentences. Take this chance to write a narrative report introduction that warm-up your audience and ensure they read the entire report.
- Body- the body of the narrative report entails supportive arguments that relate to the main idea explained in the introduction. Ensure that every new concept you introduce is described in its paragraph with paragraphs of three to five sentences.
- Conclusion- the conclusion should be a summary of your report concerning the main idea indicated in the introduction.
Tips on Writing an Excellent Narrative Report
- Choose a good topic
Topic selection is aided by how good you are in writing. To select a good topic for your narrative report, ensure you read many narrative essays for inspiration. Broad reading provides you with ideas on how to organize your work and put across your points meticulously. Look for reports that your professors have assigned in the past and check out narrative essays on the internet.
- Put across a story that illustrates a specific topic
Having a theme confines you to the scope of information that you write about in your narrative report. To write a narrative report that makes sense to your audience, have a story, and analyze that story. A narrative report is about a theme where you use a personal account to illustrate that idea to the audience in an exciting manner.
- Your narrative report must fit the requirements
Narrative reports are mainly required for college admission or assignment, which means you are given a prompt to follow by the institution or the lecturer. Even though you have fascinating stories, you must ensure that you follow the requirements outlined in the prompt to avoid straying from the main point.
The common topics include your personality that was transformed. Still, some events, adversities you had to overcome, or how you dealt with consequences of failure in a particular juncture in your life, the topics are not cast in stone. Hence, you have to go through the prompt to understand the specific topic you must handle.
- Narrate a story with a manageable plot
Articulate narrative reports mostly tell stories with specificity. Since you are not writing a book or a novel, write a narrative report that is concise and contained with a proper limitation of characters, plot, and setting. Too broad narratives make bad narrative reports; thus, you should be specific on characters you involve in your story and ensure they participate in building the theme. Read on descriptive essay about a person and a sample.
- Narrate a story with lively details
To make a good narrative report explain specific details, particular images, and a language that makes the story lively for the audience. Discuss the smells and sights in your narrative with particular details with imagination filling the void. Narrative reports are not fictional; thus, you should stay true to the story while being as creative as possible.
The Writing Process of a Narrative Report
After understanding the structure and the elements of narrative report, the writing process becomes relatively easy. Have a captivating introduction and then outline the major points of the narrative report while describing them in the body. Finally, ensure that your description ends with a delightful punchline and an unpredictable twist.
1. Write the report in the first-person
A narrative report is very personal since it describes events that have occurred to you and relates to your identity. It is, therefore, a requirement to use “I” statements without changing to the favor of other characters in your report.
2. Describe places and characters
Although a narrative report is not descriptive, adorn your story with descriptions of crucial characters and places mentioned in the plot. Vivid description mainly goes for characters who are affected by the outcome of your case whose personalities should be disclosed.
3. Editing and proofreading
After creating the first draft, go through it to point out mistakes and essential ideas you might have left out. To do proper editing of your narrative report, take a rest after you finish drafting it, then read it afresh. Clear all repeated ideas and incorporate the critical ideas that you might have missed. Reread your narrative report to check for any grammatical errors. You could also run your report grammar checking software but do not entirely rely on them.
Finally, you can entrust a friend to go through your narrative report. They may point out a mistake that you might have missed while going through the report and give you their opinion on the report. Feel free to explore a racial profiling essay example with outline.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Narrative Report Writing
To smoothen the process of narrative report writing, have the following points in mind.
- Write your story in the first-person point of view.
- Follow the proper narrative report structure.
- Use straightforward and easy-to-read language.
- Put across your points in chronological order.
- Using all the five senses while writing the report- inform the audience what the characters saw and what they felt, smelt, and heard.
- Don’t use the second-person point of view while writing your narrative report.
- Don’t create fictional stories; narratives should be as natural and true as possible.
- Write a concise and short story that is not too broad.
More resources; How to write an information report.
Free Personal Narrative Essay Sample – With Outline
Apersonalnarrative essayis one that tells a storyfrom a defined point of view, often the author’s, so there is feeling as well as specific and often sensory details provided to get the reader involved in the elements and sequence of the story.
The Loan: A Personal Experience Essay Outline
Thesis:In spite of my unending struggles, I hoped and believed I would one day make it in life, and that all that I needed was to identify an opportunity and maximally utilize it.
An opportunity presented itself through a conversation with a workmate called John.
- I learnt that John was receiving ten thousand dollars yearly from an uncle of his.
- I faked a mail order business plan and used it to request him for a four thousand dollars loan for half a year.
- He however only afforded me three thousand dollars, as I gave him an old printing machine of mine as interest.
- I used part of the money to acquire a postal box number and then embarked on squandering what had remained of it.
John demanded back his money by October the same year.
- According to our original plan, I would settle the loan by the 10th of December.
- We however again reached a “mini agreement” and the deadline was revised to the 10th of November.
- I decided to start participating in lottery using the eight hundred dollars I had remained with by then so I could repay the loan.
- I would purchase five tickets bearing similar numbers, which would enable me make 1,500 dollars upon winning the lottery.
I did not win the lottery contrary to my expectations.
- The numbers I had so much trusted had failed me.
- I continued playing but lost every time I tried.
- I was not yet ready to repay the loan even as we reached the 9th of November, and I once again tried my luck in the lottery by picking fifteen numbers.
- I would add what I would win to the $600 I was remaining with at that time.
I decided to use numbers that had been picked by the computer instead of those I had earlier picked.
- I additionally purchased a Super-Cash out of which I would earn $250,000.
- The drawing of my pick would occur at exactly 5.42 p.m. and I would be two thousand five hundred dollars richer if I won.
- I again failed as my numbers did not match the winning “formula.”
- I bought another Super-Cash ticket and banked all my hopes on it.
The drawing was conducted at 11.02 p.m. and I tried my best to have my numbers drawn.
- I once again failed and retired to bed, with depression quickly taking over me.
- I plunged myself into deep thoughts, even wishing I had used my last pick of numbers to play.
- This thought was a bit too little too late.
It was the 10th of November, the deadline for repaying the loan.
- I gave John the six hundred dollars I had remained with and explained to him my situation.
- I received five dollars from my parents, who had empathized with me.
- John lost his job at the end of the month.
On the 3rd of December, I took a step that would culminate in the end of my financial woes.
- I applied for a bank loan and was awarded the amount I had requested.
- This was a simpler and more workable thought than the lottery idea.
- After passing through another period of financially challenging situations, I fully appreciated that it is never a dependable idea to rely on credit.
- Never have I again asked a friend to loan me any amount of money.
Another lesson I should have learnt is not to depend on lottery.
- I could not learn fast enough at that time as I came close to winning every time I played.
- I now appreciate that nothing comes on a silver platter under the sun.
- I also learnt that problems are solved by facing them, not quitting.
- From the entire experience, I learnt the importance of explaining one’s problem to their benefactors.
- John understood my situation after I explained it to him.
- Had I avoided him, our friendship could probably have crumbled.
The Loan: A Personal Experience Essay
This was my last chance. I would need three thousand dollars by the following day but unfortunately, only seven hundred was in my possession. I would perhaps need to win a lottery in order to raise the remaining amount. Trouble was beckoning for me. I had a tolerable life five months earlier. I was then twenty years old and was staying with my fiancé and our young baby. The apartment we lived in was cramped. Under normal circumstances, the rent that was charged for the apartment should have been affordable for us. However, our meager income could not grant affordability and continuance. Even as I went through unceasing struggles, I still had hopes and belief that I would one day make it in life. All I needed was to identify an opportunity and make good use of it.
It was during a conversation with a workmate that I landed an opportunity. The colleague, John by name, told me that a wealthy uncle of his had been giving him a whopping ten thousand dollars on a yearly basis. Even a small percentage of that amount would change my wanting situation forever. I quickly drafted a fake mail order business plan. I then requested John to give me four thousand dollars in the form of a loan for a period of half a year. I gave him my old printing machine, whose worth was about 300 hundred dollars, as interest. However, John could only afford me three thousand dollars. I could not turn it down. I quickly sprang into action with my business plan. I acquired a postal box number but sadly, that marked my end with the plan. I acted no more on it. Unperturbed, I embarked on squandering the remainder of the three thousand dollars. Whenever John inquired about the progress of my business, I would tell him all was well.
Fast-forward to October the same year, John demanded back his money. Noteworthy, our original agreement indicated that the 10th of December would mark the deadline for settling the loan. At this point, we again reached a “mini-agreement” that I would settle the loan on the 10thof November. By then, I had been left with eight hundred dollars out of the three thousand I had received. My decision to start taking part in the lottery at this time was informed by the lack of a source that could help me repay the loan. As per this new plan of mine, I would purchase five tickets bearing similar numbers. Upon winning the lottery, I would make 1,500 dollars given that each ticket would fetch five hundred dollars. Since I would have personally purchased the tickets, each store would issue me with a check as opposed to having my prize given to me by Madison. Additionally, no taxes would reduce the amount I would earn.
Strange enough and contrary to my expectations, I would not win the lottery. I had put immense trust on the numbers I had picked to get me the prize. This is why it came to me as a big surprise that the numbers failed to win! I never threw in the towel. I picked on new numbers the following day but sadly, I once again failed to win. I continued playing with unending hopes even though I lost every time I tried. Before I could get ready, it was already the 9th of November. I had to raise the money on this particular day. Relying on my luck and that of nature, I picked fifteen numbers in the lottery. I would spend $75 in buying the numbers since each would cost $5. I would add what I would win to the $600 I was remaining with at that time.
My playing time came and I decided not to use the numbers I had earlier picked. My luck was not definitely in the numbers. I decided to rely on numbers picked by the computer at least for this last chance. In addition, I purchased a Super-Cash. Out of it, I would earn $250,000. On this particular day, I had to go back home early from work since the drawing of my pick would occur at exactly 5.42 p.m. I was already glued to my television screen by 5.30 p.m. Within me; I knew this was my chance. I was just a few minutes away from becoming two thousand five hundred dollars richer. My heart throbbed in my chest as the drawing got underway. ‘3’ was the first number to be drawn. Looking at my ticket, ‘3’ was the first among the numbers. Again, ‘3’ was the second one. On my ticket, the second number was not ‘3’. The same number was supposed to be the third in my ticket. The winning “formula” was to be 3-3-3 which I did not have. I had once again failed. However, not all my hopes had been dashed as the Super-Cash would give me another drawing chance. My financial woes would be over if I won the Super-Cash even though I would not have the cash the following day. My conviction pushed me into purchasing another ticket of Super-Cash. I had never before in my life concentrated the way I did in picking the numbers. This was my last source of hope.
The drawing was conducted at 11.02 p.m. Again, I tried my best to have my numbers drawn. ‘13’ was the first number to appear. It was not on my ticket. I plunged into desperation. Not even a single number out of the numbers that were drawn was on my ticket. I had no more options left. Where would I turn to next? Of course the next thing was to go to bed given that the day was literally over. My problem was that I could not sleep. I wallowed in miser. I wished the following day would not come. I dreaded facing it. I did not want to face tomorrow. As countless thoughts crisscrossed my mind in my bed, I remembered about the numbers I had arranged for my picks. My last pick had been 3-3-3. Had I used this particular pick for playing, I would have been a winner. However, this thought was a bit too little too late.
Morning had come. It was the 10th of November, the day I was to honor my pledge of fully servicing the loan. I woke up and carried with me all the six hundred dollars I was left with to work. I gave John the entire amount and narrated to him my ordeal. Within the week, my parents sent me some five hundred dollars after empathizing with my situation. John lost his job at the end of the month. The reason for his dismissal was failure to report to work. Apparently, he had got a greener pasture and thus had decided to quit his former employer. He had informed me of this. However, things did not turn out as he had expected and thus he tried to plead with the company to have him back. Unfortunately for him, the company would have none of his pleas. He even went as far as asking me to convince the company’s management on his behalf as a close friend.
On the 3rd of December, I took a step that would culminate in the end of my financial woes. Noteworthy, this was some seven days to the 10th of December, the date that I was originally to resettle John’s loan. I applied for a bank loan and was awarded the amount I had requested. As is now evident, this was a simpler and more workable thought than the lottery idea. The incident should have taught me a host of lessons. However, I did not fully learn from it. I would again have to pass through some financially challenging situations in order for me to fully appreciate that relying on credit is often not a dependable idea. As a result, never have I again asked a friend to loan me any amount of money. If that is what being in debt with a friend’s money would cost me, let the idea of borrowing from a non-financial institution be.
Another lesson that the situation should have taught me is not to be dependent on lottery. However, I could not learn fast enough at that time as my chances of winning came so close. I only missed winning because I did not use all the numbers I had picked. As a matter of fact, winning would have made me a ‘wizard’ at choosing lottery numbers. However, all would not come to pass; I kept on failing! I now have enough and valuable experience about the challenging nature of the world. It is never easy. Nothing comes on a silver platter under the sun, not even the lottery. Another hard lesson I learnt out of the situation is the importance of being in a position to face one’s problems with courage. One’s problems are one’s problems; one can never solve them by quitting!
Finally, I learnt the importance of explaining one’s problem to their benefactors. As already seen, I had only remained with $600 by the time John’s loan was due. However, instead of trying to avoid him, I walked right up to him and faced him with my situation. I explained everything that had transpired to him and pleaded with him to understand my situation. My efforts were not in vain as he understood and took my promise that I would settle the debt as soon as I could. Had I started avoiding him, the issue could have caused our friendship to deteriorate drastically. Thus, one should always communicate with those they owe irrespective of whether or not they are in a position to repay their loans.
Stuck in your personal narrative essay despite having insights on thekey elements of a narrative essay? Gudwriter is here to help you sail through. We have top notch writers who understandhow to craft narrative essayson anytopic. Use ourwrite my narrative essayservice and receive a quality paper that is plagiarism free.
Writing a narrative report might be one of the assignments that you find particularly complicated and struggle with. Why risk letting your grade average drop and getting a lower mark overall? Instead, simply say help me write my papers! and get help from a quality service that will guarantee high marks.
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20